1 a long truck for carrying motor vehicles [syn: car transporter]
2 a crane for moving material with dispatch as in loading and unloading ships
3 a moving belt that transports objects (as in a factory) [syn: conveyer belt, conveyor belt, conveyer, conveyor]
- A long truck / lorry for carrying vehicles
- A type of crane for loading / unloading a ship
- A conveyor belt that transports objects in a factory etc
- a teleportation machine
- to transport
Transporter may refer to vehicles or transport:
- transporter, a business or person involved in the transport of goods or people
- transporter, a vehicle used to transport objects or material, especially a heavy hauler or related type of truck
- Transporter wagon for carrying wagons of one gauge on another gauge.
- animal transporter, a vehicle for transporting animals
- the Volkswagen Transporter, a model of van from Volkswagen and its variants:
Transporter may also refer to:
The term transporter may also be used to refer to a device in science fiction:
- Teleportation devices, commonplace in science fiction.
- Transporter (Star Trek), teleportation devices in the Star Trek universe.
- Stargate usages:
- Atlantis teleporters — a technology used by the Ancients for transposing the contents of two teleporter rooms on Atlantis
- Asgard beaming device — a technology used by the Asgard for orbital ship to planetary surface or closer transport
- Ring Transporter — a technology used by the Goa'uld and Tok'ra for orbital ship to planetary surface or closer transpositioning via a set of rings that pop out of the ground or ceiling to surround the subjects at both ends
- Thor's Hammer — an automated teleportation device set up by the Asgard on one planet near the stargate to protect the planet's population from the Goa'uld.
- Wraith transporter — a technology used by the Wraith for transporting from a planetary surface to their Dart (low-altitude raiding) ships
- An iron clad gun ship, blockade runner, freighter, ram mounting around fifty cannons that appeared in First Earth.
transporter in Polish: Transporter
Aquarius, Ganymede, Hebe, bearer, bheesty, busboy, caddie, cargo handler, carrier, carrier pigeon, carter, common carrier, conveyer, coolie, cupbearer, drayman, express, expressman, freighter, gun bearer, hauler, homing pigeon, letter carrier, litter-bearer, porter, redcap, shield-bearer, skycap, stevedore, stretcher-bearer, the Water Bearer, truck driver, trucker, wagoner, water boy, water carrier